Insight Diagnostics introduced revolutionary LifeChecks which are specially designed for various lifestyle related issues like excess drinking.
Alcohol and Health
- Too much of alcohol can cause a large range of health problems
- One of the most common is liver problems – starting as fatty liver and then liver
cirrhosis and even liver cancer
- Alcohol can also increase the risk for several other cancers
- It can lead to high blood pressure leading to strokes
- Heart problems including heart rhythm disturbances can also happen.
- Because alcohol has calories and also makes you eat more, there is a high risk of obesity and other problems
- Can contribute to the causes of diabetes
What can you do
- Try and reduce your alcohol consumption to acceptable minimal levels
- Have specially designed checks to check for any damage
- Have treatment where necessary at an early stage.
The Drinker’s LifeCheck by Insight Diagnostics
- Is designed to focus on specific needs of drinkers
- The advanced package includes advanced studies like MRI of the liver for fat
- Liver function tests
- Clotting tests
- Viral markers – HIV, HBsAG, anti HCV, VDRL
- Ultrasound Abdomen
- 2D Echo, TMT
- Lipid profile
- Lifestyle Assessment
- Diet and Stress Management
- Basic Body Measures: Height, Weight & BMI
- Vital Signs: Pulse & BP
- Gastroenterologist Consultation
- Counselling to reduce or quit drinking (optional)
Drinker’s LifeCheck (Advanced)
- All of the above tests
- MRI of the Liver for Liver Fat – using advanced technology to see the amount of fat in liver without need for needle biopsies.